cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiv Explorer within OWA

Marc_Sieber
Level 3
If i login over Web Access and start Archiv Explorer, i can see all the archived items from the other users (NOT good). Within Outlook it is correct, there i see only my stuff.

(EV6.0 SP1, Office 2003)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Without being able to get into your system and poke around I am not sure what else to tell you but check the virtual directories on exchange and make sure those are set up okay. Do you have an account that has permissions on all the archives? If so, make sure it isn't be used on the virtual directories.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

TonySterling
Sounds like you got some permissions issue or account for owa anon user is missed up. Might want to verify that.

Marc_Sieber
Level 3
Thanks Tony, but i think a better question to solve this problem would be:

What can i do that i see all users mailboxes over OWA when i click on Archive Explorer ?

I checked and verified several times EVAnon/Directory Security, could not replicate Problem. I have two possibilieties:

1. no show within Archive Explorer
2. one mailbox as usual within Archive Explorer

TonySterling
Do all users see everyone's archives?

Normally you should only see your archives and the archives you have permissions to. So if you are seeing all the archives, either you have permissions on to all those or something is wrong w/ the setup.

Marc_Sieber
Level 3
your right, something wrong with config.

All users see everyones's archives, but only within OWA.

TonySterling
what account do you have here for the anon user?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
\Software
\KVS
\Enterprise Vault
\AnonymousUser

Marc_Sieber
Level 3
domain/owauser_evserver01

the one i created within AD (copy from IUSR_EXCH1) and modified name

TonySterling
Is this a new install? Did it ever work correctly? Until you get it corrected you can keep AE from showing in OWA by turning it off on the mailbox policy properities advanced tab. Choose OWA from the drop down.

Marc_Sieber
Level 3
This was a new install, it never worked correctly. We turned off a while ago like you explained many thanks

TonySterling
Without being able to get into your system and poke around I am not sure what else to tell you but check the virtual directories on exchange and make sure those are set up okay. Do you have an account that has permissions on all the archives? If so, make sure it isn't be used on the virtual directories.