cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Explorer Hangs

anon1m0us1
Level 6

I have a user whose Archive Explorer hangs when he clicks on a folder. He is the only one having this issue.

His logs says:

10/05/2012 12:24:48.741: Log file created (level 0).

10/05/2012 12:24:48.742: A COM error occurred: 0x80040205

10/05/2012 12:34:31.452: A COM error occurred: 0x80040205

10/05/2012 12:34:34.958: A COM error occurred: 0x80040205

I asked him if he sees any authentication prompt (which some other posts suggests) and he said no. He rebooted his machine and still has this issue.

20 REPLIES 20

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified

I really suggest you open a support case here so that 1. we can identify why you may be getting this issue, 2. if its something new it can be addressed in the future. Whilst exporting/importing the archive may well resolve the issue for you it does nothing to identify root cause and if another user in your Org starts to have the same problem you will likely have to repeat the procedure.

The 0x80040205 error is generally indicative of being unable to find an item in the user's cache. Can you confirm whether the user can use Archive Explorer through Inernet Explorer by opening the URL directly and whether that enables them to access/retrieve an item (make sure to clean up their history / temp files etc. as well in IE before the test). The posts above dont really seem to confirm whether this this has been undertaken satisfactorily as your posts have conflicting information insomuch as that the user is unable to open AE, yet when opening from Outlook it launches AE in a new window (presumably a browser window) or is it still integrated within Outlook so just need confirmation here. If using IE succeeds then in all likelihood the issue is restricted to the Outlook client. If that fails as well then you need to investigate further and will need to obtain some dtrace and re-review of the SQL entries potentially as well.

Has the user been enabled to use Vault Cache/Virtual Vault and if so can they access the items through that method?