cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive exploreur still show archive from other user

Eric_from_Paris
Level 3

Hi all,

We have EV 8.0 SP4, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003.

When i have a look in archive exploreur, i can see the archive of serveral users (or just some items of their archives). If i check the permission on the Enterprise Vault server (right click on a mail box -> display the "archive properties" window then "Permissions" tab) i can't see my name (or a group i belong) so i supposed that i'm not alowed to the see the archives of these peoples.

Is it a bug of these realease ? Or am i missing something ?

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Its picking up the delegate access from the mailbox itself.

If you go to the users mailbox in question in outlook, right click the mailbox name go to the permissions tab, you are most likely going to see yourself or a DL listed that you are a part of having some kind of access.

Most of the time when i see this its due to someone delegating permissions to their calendar. EV will just display whatever outlook has for the permissions set, so its just expected behavior as opposed to a bug

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

we had a simlar problem and it was because of 1 folder in a sub folder

you need to expand all the folders to try and figure where the permission is set

might not be at the root level

Eric_from_Paris
Level 3

Hi guys,

Found the solution on Symantec web site : use EVPM to remove all the users rights on the archive, then launch the synchronization of 'Exchange mailbox Archiving Task'.

I hope the next release of EV will have a shortcut to do this !

Thanks to all.

Eric_from_Paris
Level 3

Thanks again