cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive sizes

EV_Wanabee
Level 4

Hi Chaps,

What is the best way for listing the sizes of archives?

I need to provide archives sizes so that I can determine Email used by each of our Divisions.  Normally I just calculate the Exchange Server storage used and figure that out accurately, then I use the ratio of Exchange space used by Division to total Exchange space and work out EV sizes based on that.  but they want it more accuratley now.  I assume I need to extract something from the Databases but what?  Any thoughts?

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I would check your SQl server to ensure that everything is OK and then check the connection between you Ev server and SQL

Yes usage.asp does sometimes take a while to run but there should be no reason for it to timeout unless there is some form of issue elsewhere

Try running the script the SQl script to see if you can get results directly from SQL

If yes then the databases are OK and the timepot could be caused by connection speed between SQL and the EV servers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Tom,

Does the Usage.asp report not provide yo with the details you need?

Liam

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Liam is correct.

http://localhost/EnterpriseVault/usage.asp

This should get you what you want.

Or you can do it using a SQL Query:

(Execute in Vault Store Databases EV*)

SELECT [ArchiveName], ArchivedItems, CAST(ArchivedItemsSize AS decimal(20, 0)) AS ArchivedItemsSize, ModifiedDate From view_ListVaults INNER JOIN [EnterpriseVaultDirectory].[dbo].[ArchiveView] ON view_ListVaults.ArchivePointId = [EnterpriseVaultDirectory].[dbo].[ArchiveView].[VaultEntryId]

Note: EnterpriseVaultDirectory Database and Vault Store Database have to be on the same Server for this to work.

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

One additional note to add to MichelZ's message

If you have your EnterpriseVaultDirectory Database and Vault Store Database on different servers it is possable to create a a Linked server within SQL to allow the SQL script to work accross servers.

the process varies from version to version so i wont post the steps here but it is easy to find if you google it

EV_Wanabee
Level 4

Thank you for the prompt responses guys, I have accessed the useage reports page and will see if this gives me what I need. We have 2 Vault stores and it seems to be struggling to provide the data for the largest one - Error: (-2147217871, [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired)

It did take a few minutes to load the usage page.  i am guessing the timeout is referring to a problem accessing the database for the affected Vault Store?

Tom

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

I would check your SQl server to ensure that everything is OK and then check the connection between you Ev server and SQL

Yes usage.asp does sometimes take a while to run but there should be no reason for it to timeout unless there is some form of issue elsewhere

Try running the script the SQl script to see if you can get results directly from SQL

If yes then the databases are OK and the timepot could be caused by connection speed between SQL and the EV servers

EV_Wanabee
Level 4

Thank you everyone,

The useage report was fine.  It did take some time to generate and I only got one at a time.

But got one Store one day and another another day.

Thanks,

Tom