cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Email & Missing Plugin

anon1m0us1
Level 6

I started archiving user's Exchange Mailboxes. When I ran the Mail Archving Report, it found 4 pout of the 7 users (none of the users have reached the quota yet to Archive). What happened to the other 3 users?

Also, we deployed the outlook plugin to these users via a wininstall package, but the plugin does not appear on ANY machine. The users cloed and reopened Outlook numerious times with nothing appearing.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It's most likely because he has no archive at all

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6

So first questions would be what version of Enterprise Vault are you using and what version of the client are you using?

Are you absolutely sure the package installed on a machine level and not a per user level?
Does the EV plugin show in add/remove programs?
If you install the MSI manually on the machine does it show?

What version of outlook do the end users use?
If its Outlook 2007 make sure that the desktop policy is set to not Disable the plugin if Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP) is in use, and Outlook Anywhere can be enabled any time if it determines that the connection is slow, and the default policy is to disable the client, so you would just tell it to be normal behavior in the policy

If you are using Outlook 2010, the client from 9 SP1 to 10.0 needs to be the HTTP Only client, as the DCOM full cient will not work, however in EV10 SP1, there is a new unified client that can be used and will give full functionality in Outlook 2010 and 2007 regardless of RPC over HTTP is being used

As for the users not showing on the report, are they on a different Exchange server perhaps?
And also have they been properly provisioned and enabled?
Check the provisioning report to make sure that they are being provisioned correctly, and then make sure they're enabled.

Note that in provisioning you can set it to Automatically Enable mailbox, but that doesn't occur when provisioning runs, it just flags them to be enabled next time the Archive Task processes their mailbox.

You could try manually enabling the user instead

anon1m0us1
Level 6

I am using EV 10 for both.

Are you absolutely sure the package installed on a machine level and not a per user level? Should be machine level if we pushed a package.

The EV does show up in Add/Remove Programs

We use Outlook 2007.

I set the Desktop Policy for RPC over HTTP Restrictions to None

The users not showing on the report are on the SAME exchange server and they are in the SAME provisioning group as the other users.

My defauly provisioning group has the check next to automatically enable.

I also see all the users in the Provision Group with a policy.

Is there a limit that I may have set that only imports a certain amount of users a day?

I want to stay away from manually doing ANYTHING since I will need to push this out to 1000 users and I want to take out all the kinks now then later.

anon1m0us1
Level 6

Can another possibility can be maybe my tasks are not running in the proper order?

Also, when one of the users who was enabled went to the EV Website, under search, His Vault Name was empty. In my case it has my name.

Could this be because he has nothing to archive?

JesusWept3
Level 6

It's most likely because he has no archive at all

anon1m0us1
Level 6

Ok, so the Outlook Plugin will only appear when the user has Archived Items?