cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving a mailbox but it will not Archive 2 pieces of mail.

Shaggy2002
Level 3
We just had Enterprise Vault installed last week.  I have a user enabled in a provisioning group that we have set up with a zero day policy.  when I run the Archive task manually it will archive all emails except for two that appear to have been sent from a client with hotbar installed or some type of background included in the body of the email.  Does Enterprise Vault have a problem archiving emails like this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I meant check the message class of the items in Outlook.  You can add the message class column to the view in outlook.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
I might be worth to check message class of those items.  Also, you can try to manually archive one and see what happens.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I agree with the Message Class thingy.... :)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Shaggy2002
Level 3
The user has been terminated and they were not archived until the account was disabled.  My PC does not have the outlook buttons because I am running ESM on my machine and it conflicts with the outlook buttons.  There shouldn't have been a way for anyone to classify if you are talking about the right click classify as:  button.  Is that we you are talking about on the classifying?

MichelZ
Level 6
Shaggy

No, what we're talking about is the Message Class:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/275841.htm

Cheers
Michel

Shaggy2002
Level 3
I checked the classes and we have everything selected except for Journal Messages, Electronic Sticky Notes, and System Messages.  Is there a way to figure out what class the message is to create a new task?  Pardon me if that is a totally dumb question.  Smiley Happy

MichelZ
Level 6
The easiest way that I know of would be to use Outlook spy

TonySterling
I meant check the message class of the items in Outlook.  You can add the message class column to the view in outlook.