cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving mailboxes of departed users

goolka
Level 2
Dear All,

We would like to archive all items in mailboxes of our departed users.
We have the default policy which is based on quota and works fine.
We have created new policy which should archive all items older than 1 day and applyed this policy to Provisioning group based on particular organisation unit in our doman. But as I can see these mailboxes don't archiving.

I am a total newbie in Enterprise Vault so I don't know how to start and what to check. Could you please advise?

We're using Enterprise Vault 8.0 and Exchange 2003. I am ready to provide any additional information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Ludgate
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Check some of the following:

1. Right clich on the 'Provisioning Group' select properties and Promote the departed users group to the first in the list
2. Re-run the provisioning task
3. Run the'Display Policies assigned to Mailbox' wizard and check the correct policy is assigned to the mailbox

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mark_Ludgate
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Check some of the following:

1. Right clich on the 'Provisioning Group' select properties and Promote the departed users group to the first in the list
2. Re-run the provisioning task
3. Run the'Display Policies assigned to Mailbox' wizard and check the correct policy is assigned to the mailbox

goolka
Level 2
I can confirm that assined policy is correct for desired mailbox.
May be I should check something else?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello goolka,

Run an archiving task that runs for these departing users in report mode (on the task rightclick, Run Now, choose report, either choose all, or choose a user you know has the policu applied)

When done, check the report to see what values it gives you. you might have ' forgotten'  to allow archiving of deleted items, calendar items etc.

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
We got round this one but having a high priorty policy which only targets a active directory group called deleted users

as soon as a user goes into this policy they are automatically enabled if they haven't already been and everything including tasks and calendar and contacts are extracted without creating shortcuts

goolka
Level 2
I am totally surprised.
I can see in report the following:
No of archivable items Total size of archivable items No of archivable folders No of items ready to archive Size of items ready to archive
16563 53743 18 0 0
Which means that their inactivity limit has not been reached. It looks weird for me as all items older than 1 day should be archived.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you selected all the message classes on the Exchange Mailbox policy for this group?

Patrick_Kenevan
Level 4
Have you checked the "Archive unread items" within the archiving policy -> Archiving Actions?
What is the modified date, if you open the user's mailbox?

goolka
Level 2
Thanks to all!!!

Eventually I did realized that mailboxes have not been archived only if they were in the another Provisioning group (some of our support staff fogot to remove them from security group).
So first advice was right.

Thanks to all for your help!