cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments are not showing in outlook

Jeremy_Holmes
Level 2
When I open an archived message in outlook I do not see the attachments. It just has the name of the attachment at the bottom of the message. I am running EV 6.0 and outlook 2003 with the SP.

If I restore the message or view it in archive explorer i can see the attachments.
6 REPLIES 6

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Jeremy,
I wish I knew the answer to this one, as it bothers me too. I've noticed that if your shortcuts use the message body, it tends to work more often then not. But I'm prolly missing a lot of stuff.

micah

Jeremy_Holmes
Level 2
Thanks, but I have it set to show the message body.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Is this on Citrix or TS? If so check the following KB.

Forms with VBScript do not work with Terminal Services in Outlook 2002 and in Outlook 2003
If Outlook XP is installed on the Terminal Server, nothing happens when the user double clicks on an archived item to attempt to view it.

See this article for details of the problem and solution: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302003

Jeremy_Holmes
Level 2
I am not runnning Citrix or TS

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
It does sound similar to the Citrix\TS issue. Can you check if you have this file on your local workstations outlvbs.dll? Without that file you won't be run the scripts in the shortcut to retrieve the items.

If you are missing that file, all you need to do is copy it from another machine that has it.Message was edited by:
Jason Szeto

C_H
Level 4
Are you sure the forms are being run correctly and the item is actually opening correctly, rather than just the shortcut?