cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 workaround clarifcation

NameTaken
Level 4

Hi there,

While I've updated BE 2014 to SP2, I cannot update a particular server with the later agent for a little while; until then, I would like to implement the workaround described here:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000023186

However, I am unable to understand "create a String value with EV alias name example "EVsqlalias" and leave it blank.".

Does this mean I should use the DNS alias for the SQL server hosting the Enterprise Vault database, the DNS alias of the Enterprise Vault server, or something else completely?

Thank you in advance,
Russell.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure this is the correct forum, but the article states a hotfix is available.

Reading the article it looks like you need to create the key, but you do not enter a value in the key.It states 'leave it blank'.

But you might want to post this question in the BE forum, or call support for clarification.

Good luck!

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure this is the correct forum, but the article states a hotfix is available.

Reading the article it looks like you need to create the key, but you do not enter a value in the key.It states 'leave it blank'.

But you might want to post this question in the BE forum, or call support for clarification.

Good luck!

Regards. Gertjan

Shoot, I thought I had; thanks for the spot!