cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of Enterprise Vault Closed Partition

vjose79
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Is it necessary to include the Enterprise Vault Closed Partition in the regular (weekly or daily) backups? What is the best practise for the backup of Closed partition?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you will want to do backups of the closed partitions, just not as often.  A weekly would be fine to catch any changes from deletions, storage expiry, etc..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you will want to do backups of the closed partitions, just not as often.  A weekly would be fine to catch any changes from deletions, storage expiry, etc..

Peter_Kozak
Level 5
Partner

Hey vjose79,

you might want also to consider to build a backup free storage like the centera.  We have a Product called "EVnearSync" where you can excactly recieve this benefit with "any" kind of storage.

Archived Data is statical, so a reliable second copy should be enough for a DR scenario.

Btw. RPO (Recovery Point Obective) - the allowed Dataloss- is "0" and RTO (Recovery Point Objective)  - the Time the System is online again with all Data - is less than 15 minutes.

Have a look on "http://www.evtools.net/products/ev-nearsync"

Cheers,

Peter

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Where as I think the tech is good I really really disagree with the idea of it being classed as a backup for the fact that replication isnt a backup solution, for the fact that if you delete an archive by mistake (it does happen) those deletions will be carried across via the synchronization So yeah from a complete disaster scenario the replication should be good enough provided they're in different data centers but for a restore due to other issues it just doesn't quite cut it Now evnearsync and then backing up the synced data? That for me would be the sweet spot
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146