cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Support for OWA Restore Item

Sam_T
Level 3

We're currently using EV 10.0.4 with Exchange 2010 SP3.

I understand that the only fully compatible browser for the EV Restore Item function in OWA is IE (or IE in compatibility mode).

I also understand that EV11 and EV12 adds Enterpise Vault Search which supports other browsers in OWA.

However, I am not clear from EV documentation whether or not EV11 or EV12 supports the Restore item function in OWA in browsers other than IE (or IE in compatibility mode).   Can someome confirm this in EV11 or EV12 with Exchange 2010 or point me to the relevant EV doc?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

unfortunately you wont

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB

Hi Sam, I'm looking at the Veritas Enterprise Vault Compatibility Charts from September 9, 2016. For OWA 2010 EV Extensions, IE is the only supported browser regardless of EV version 11 or 12.

Thanks AndrewB.  I reviewed that document prior to posting the question.

If you go to the "Enterprise Vault Search" section of that document they show Edge/Chrome browser support for the Search function in EV11 and EV12. 

It would be odd if they enhanced browser support for Search in EV11 and EV12 but left a basic function such as "Restore" unsupported.   Thats why I was looking for independent confirmation of that in EV11 & EV12 running against Exchange 2010.

AndrewB

are you still asking about OWA? i think you're mixing different technologies and versions in your comparison. EV Search was developed by Veritas. OWA is Microsoft. (Veritas doesnt prioritize development going back to old versions of Microsoft software with new versions of EV. (E.g., SQL 2008 isnt certified with EV 12.)

you'll get Chrome, FF, and Sarafi support if you upgrade to Exchange 2013 or 2016 with Office Mail App.

Thanks AndrewB.   I'm not mixing anything.

Current environment is EV 10.0.4, Exchange 2010 SP3.  The EV plug-in is installed on the CAS servers of course..

With a supported browser, IE or IE in compatibility mode, when viewing your mailbox in OWA you have the option to Restore an item via the context-sensitive menu when you right-click.  We're just wondering if we upgrade to EV11 or EV12 if we will have the "Restore" option in OWA in this environment with other browsers such as Edge/Chrome/Firefox/

AndrewB

unfortunately you wont