cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA 6.0 and SQL Move

Chad_Petrie_2
Level 4
I need to move my CA DB to a new SQL server. Does anyone know of an article that explains the move. Or can someone document what needs to be done here?

I have not been able to find any documentation on moving CA DBs.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
hmm, ok then.

In the EVConfiguration database for CA update Server column in the tblCustomer table with the name of the new SQL Server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
I have never had to move a db for CA 6, but I think all you need to do is update the config files.

In the Program Files\KVS\Business Accelerator - Compliance directory find the AcceleratorManagerConsole.exe.config file and change the following line to update the Server

Also in that directory is AcceleratorService.exe.config, a ADSynchroniser.exe.config, a ImportExport.exe.config,

They each have a DSNConfiguration line as well. Once you update those and start the service you should be able to launch the http://evdemo/evbaadmin/ CA Admin web page and look at the properties of your customer database and make sure it is associated to the correct SQL server, if it isn't you can change it by right clicking and choosing properties.

Also, to update the JournalConnector:

The DSN for the _CA_ database is written to the .config file when the JC starts up from the details held in the Enterprise Vault Directory database
AcceleratorEntryTable. For the JC, you'll need to
update AcceleratorEntry set SQLServer='newserver' where SQLServer='oldserver'
in the Vault Directory DB.Message was edited by:
Tony Sterling

TonySterling
Also important to note, if you have scheduled jobs you need to move the schedules over as well.

The following link has some great informaiont.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314546/

Step 4: How to Move jobs, alerts and operators
Step 4 is optional. You can generate scripts for all jobs, alerts and operators on the source server, and then run the script on the destination server.� To move jobs, alerts and operators, follow these steps:1. Open the SQL Server Enterprise Manager, and then expand the Management folder.
2. Expand SQL Server Agent, and then either right-click Alerts, Jobs, or Operators.
3. Click All Tasks, and then click Generate SQL Script. For SQL Server 7.0, click Script All Jobs, or Alerts, or Operators.
You will have the option to generate scripts for All Alerts, All Jobs or All Operators based on the item you right-click.
� You can move jobs, alerts and operators from SQL Server 7.0 to SQL Server 2000 or between computer servers that are running SQL Server 7.0 and SQL Server 2000.
� If you have operators that are set up for notification by SQLMail on the source server, you have to set up SQLMail on the destination server to have the same functionality. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
263556 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263556/) INF: How to configure SQL Mail

There is also a section on How to transfer logins and passwords.

Cheers,

Chad_Petrie_2
Level 4
I made all the changes to the .config files listed above, however, when I look at evbaadmin, the old server still shows in there. Also, it will not allow me to change it in the web page either.

Any thoughts as to why that is? I have cycled all services for CA and IIS.

TonySterling
hmm, ok then.

In the EVConfiguration database for CA update Server column in the tblCustomer table with the name of the new SQL Server.