cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA upgrade from 5.14 SP4 to 6.0 SP1/RG3227a question ...

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Hello,

I'd like to upgrade my CA server from the 5.14 SP4 to 6.0 SP1/RG3227a and have downloaded and read the install / config guide. Yet, I'd like to make sure I've got the proper sequence down before I move on. Currently, I have an EV 6.0 SP1 and SQL2000 system and a CA 5.14 SP4 system. Can someone tell me if this upgrade order sounds right ...

1. Upgrade Comp. Accel. system by shutting down the EVCA service and then running setup from the upgraded CA download.

2. Create the configuration database (not sure about this one because I can't seem to find the Configure option at the CA homepage (http://servername/EVBACompliance)).

3. Upgrade the pre-6.0 CA database (not sure how though, is it thru the CA homepage?)

Do I need to upgrade the Journal Connector on the EV system as well? I'm sure that's just running the CA setup file.

Am I missing anything else? Do I need to do anything on the backend exchange servers?

Thank you for any help or advice you can give!
PM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
After you upgrage when you launch the homepage you will have the option to create the Configuration database.

When that is done you will get the option to create the Customer database, this is where you will choose Use Existing and enter in the information for you existing CA database.

You will need to upgrade the Journal Connectors on the EV Servers, be sure to stop the Task Controller service! ;)

There isn't anything to do on the Exchange side. Also, be sure to have a good backup of the CA database before you start.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
After you upgrage when you launch the homepage you will have the option to create the Configuration database.

When that is done you will get the option to create the Customer database, this is where you will choose Use Existing and enter in the information for you existing CA database.

You will need to upgrade the Journal Connectors on the EV Servers, be sure to stop the Task Controller service! ;)

There isn't anything to do on the Exchange side. Also, be sure to have a good backup of the CA database before you start.

Cheers,

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Thank you for the help Tony!

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
FWIW - We did the same upgrade a few weeks ago. We had a problem with the SQL portion of the upgrade. What happened (if I remeber right) was one of the scripts that the upgrade package runs was trying to rename some of the columns in the SQL database. Eventually, our DBA had to go in and manually update these columns in order for the upgrade to proceed. It took a while for him to find the exact columns. All total, our upgrade took 7 hours. I'm not a DBA, so I hope I'm not missing something in my translation. I could get more info from our DBA if your curious.

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Yikes!

I'm no DBA myself so any info you can give me about your upgrade would be invaluable! I'm still in the planning phase so don't put yourself to too much trouble.

Thanks Andrew!
Phil.