cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete migration task & question around removal of content

Mike_Bordignon
Level 3

Hi,

We've recently moved to Vault and I'm experiencing two issues.

a) A client side migration task is stuck at 'migrated' - it says 'This PST file entry cannot be deleted until the current operation is complete' - even though I've stopped the PST Migration Task, deleted the PST files and restarted the task. How can I remove the failed migration?

b) I recently enabled the ability for users' to delete items their own archives, but the setting doesn't appear to have taken effect - I still cannot remove items via Outlook 2010. What do I need to restart for the option to take effect?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi Mike,

a) Take a look at this technote:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH73630

b) Regarding the deleting items from the archive. Could you explain what you have done when you said you have "enabled the ability for userss to delete items"?

Have you enabled at the EV Site Porperties?

Have you checked that the Retention category is not preventing users from deleting archived items? (in the properties of the Retention Category)

Have you restarted EV services and synched the users mailboxes after the changes?

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi Mike,

a) Take a look at this technote:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH73630

b) Regarding the deleting items from the archive. Could you explain what you have done when you said you have "enabled the ability for userss to delete items"?

Have you enabled at the EV Site Porperties?

Have you checked that the Retention category is not preventing users from deleting archived items? (in the properties of the Retention Category)

Have you restarted EV services and synched the users mailboxes after the changes?

Hope that helps.

Mike_Bordignon
Level 3

Hi CTEV,

I meant I had enabled user deletion of items at the Site level. I've checked the Retention categories - the category in this case (Default) was set to allow deletion (or rather, not disallow deletion).

I did attempt to sync mailboxes, but haven't yet tried to restart EV services. Will try and report back.

Thanks for your help.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Cool....OK.

If that still does not work then it's best to enable dtrace and then get a uesr to try and delete an archived message. The dtrace will give you the info you need to know i.e. why the deletion is not happening. If you can post the dtrace and we can take look and see what is happening.