Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enable Mailboxes after Installation of SP3

Marcus_Sch_
Level 2
Hi,

we installed SP3 and did a re-configuration. After that, i cannt enable
mailboxes anymore due to Mailbox Task always fails.

I already checked http://support.veritas.com/docs/284965 but well all
worked well before sp3.

windows eventlog says:

EventID: 2256
The Archiving Task 'Mailbox Archiving Task for DEMUCEXC0001' could not be started due to startup errors.

3305:
The Task 'Mailbox Archiving Task for DEMUCEXC0001' failed to log on to Exchange server 'DEMUCEXC0001' using mailbox 'DESVCPRDEVEXC2003'. Please ensure that the server is running and that the Vault account has sufficient permissions on the server.

But i havnet changed anything regarding permissions. That account also worked before SP3.

Any ideas whats the problem?

Thanks,
Marcus
5 REPLIES 5

Alan_M
Level 6
Try deleting the task and re-creating. Double-check permissions even though nothing changed.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
That prolly won't work. Try it first tho, as it's a good first step. If that fails, change the system mailbox in the SQL db to have the smtp: notation. If that still doesn't work, then change the system mailbox to point at the alias for the VSA. That usually does the trick.

micah

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
any other errors in the event log?
Best to turn on dtrace for archivetask.

Marcus_Sch_
Level 2
eventlogs in windows:

The Archiving Task 'Mailbox Archiving Task for Server1 could not be started due to startup errors.

The Task 'Mailbox Archiving Task for Server1 failed to log on to Exchange server Server1 using mailbox 'test'. Please ensure that the server is running and that the Vault account has sufficient permissions on the server.

iam very new to EV6. What SQL user you mean in the post before,
where do i have to check exactly, what permission need this user ?

thanks,
Marcus

Daniel_R_
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi Marcus

I think that you should verify Exchange permissions for VSA in MailboxStore level.

Regards