cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see archives in Archive Explorer

Marcel_2
Level 3

I have manually assigned full permissions to an archive and can see the content via the Search Vaults option, but within I cannot see the archive in the Archive Explorer view.

This is the same with several other users.

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will need to check the Desktop Policy on the Advanced tab in the Vault Admin Console.  Choose Vault Cache and look for Synchronize archive types.  Really though, it might just be easier to use the web browser.

Synchronize archive types (Exchange Vault Cache setting)

Description Supported values

Legacy name

Controls what is synchronized by Vault Cache.

Default mailbox. Synchronize the primary mailbox only.
All mailbox archives. Synchronize the primary mailbox archive, and any delegate mailbox archives to which the user has access.

All mailbox and shared archives. Synchronize the primary mailbox archive, and any delegate or shared mailbox archives to which the

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

TonySterling

in the left pane of the archive explorer window right click and choose refresh.

Marcel_2
Level 3

Thanks for the hint,

I did not have a refesh option when right clicking on the account name.  This is on a Win7 64bit and Office 2010.  EV client V9.0.2.1185

I then checked on an XP with Outlook 2003 and it does display all my additional archives in Archive Exporer.  EV client 9.0.2.1061

Any clues to what would cause this issue of not displaying archives and also not having the ability to right click and refresh with office 2010?

Sortid
Level 6

Have you cleared Temporary Internet Files and reopened AE?

TonySterling

This might be your issue:

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH157026

You could just view AE via the web page.  HTTP://evserver/enterprisevault/archiveexplorerui.asp

Marcel_2
Level 3

Thanks Tony,

I can confirm that my issue is related to the cache mode as per Technote

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH157026

When running Outlook 2003\2010 without cache, the archives are displayed.

Next problem:

I do not have the option to add more archives,  there are no add buttons etc.  any suggestions on what needs to be changed to allow the addition of more archives in Archive Explorer?

TonySterling

In Outlook 2010 select the 'File' tab then the 'Enterprise Vault' option on the option list and select 'Configure Vault Cache'.

On the Vaults tab you will be able to select other archives.  This will download them to your local cache.

Marcel_2
Level 3

I checked the vault properties in the location as suggested, I can see my own archive but there are no other archives to select and no option to browse to other archives,

TonySterling

You will need to check the Desktop Policy on the Advanced tab in the Vault Admin Console.  Choose Vault Cache and look for Synchronize archive types.  Really though, it might just be easier to use the web browser.

Synchronize archive types (Exchange Vault Cache setting)

Description Supported values

Legacy name

Controls what is synchronized by Vault Cache.

Default mailbox. Synchronize the primary mailbox only.
All mailbox archives. Synchronize the primary mailbox archive, and any delegate mailbox archives to which the user has access.

All mailbox and shared archives. Synchronize the primary mailbox archive, and any delegate or shared mailbox archives to which the

TonySterling

Also, have a read of this: Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH128816

and you might also consider the latest Outlook Add-in with hotfixes. I don't think it directly relates to your issue, but you should be mindful of it.

Hotfix for Symantec Enterprise Vault (EV) for Microsoft Exchange 9.0.3, Build 1221- Cumulative hotfix for Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in

Article: TECH180574  |  Created: 2012-02-02  |  Updated: 2012-02-02  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180574