Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default path of "Reports" Directory

hkadoun
Level 4
Partner

Hello all,

Do you know if it's possible to modify the default path for the "Reports" directory?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I *imagine* you can make it a junction point (Sysinternals have a tool I think? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768.aspx) to another location on the same machine.. if that would help.

It is worth noting though, that I *think* some of processes work out the report folder by looking up the Install folder, and then going in to REPORTS from that.  In fact I think most do, so I don't think updating one registry setting (if there were one) will help completely.

Lastly,  you mentioned keeping "alot" of reports ...  lots of the EV processes tidy up the number of reports which are kept.  Just worth mentioning.

Random alternative you may wish to consider ...  xcopy (or similar) the folder once per day / twice per day, from the EV server to another server.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Do you mean for the mailbox archiving and provisioning reports?  Unless there is a hidden setting I don't think you can change this.

What you could do is share that folder out so it could be accessed that way.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Can I ask why you would want to modify the path?

hkadoun
Level 4
Partner

Yes it's for the mailbox archiving and provisionning reports.

Why?

First, It's just because it's a reflex from Exchange, IIS Installation.

Second, it can be useful if you want to keep a large amount of reports and dedicated a volume for this.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I *imagine* you can make it a junction point (Sysinternals have a tool I think? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768.aspx) to another location on the same machine.. if that would help.

It is worth noting though, that I *think* some of processes work out the report folder by looking up the Install folder, and then going in to REPORTS from that.  In fact I think most do, so I don't think updating one registry setting (if there were one) will help completely.

Lastly,  you mentioned keeping "alot" of reports ...  lots of the EV processes tidy up the number of reports which are kept.  Just worth mentioning.

Random alternative you may wish to consider ...  xcopy (or similar) the folder once per day / twice per day, from the EV server to another server.

hkadoun
Level 4
Partner

Thanks for the answers

If there's no registry setting, I think I will pass on this "reflex" for EV 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay - please feel free to mark one of the posts as a solution if it helped your understanding.