cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on capabilities of the Server Settings Migration Wizard for EV 9.0.2 to EV 10.0.3

legomai
Level 4

We are going through the trifecta right now migrating to MS Office 2013, and as result upgrading from EV and DA  9.0.2 to EV and DA 10.0.3 and then upgrading to SQL from 2005 to 2012

I think I have to sequence right:

Service Pack SQL 2005 to SP3 or 4; Upgrade EV 9.0.2 to EV 10.0.3;  Upgrade DA 9.0.2 to DA 10.0.3; Upgrade SQL 2005 to SQL 2012; upgrade to Office 2013 (We are staying put at Exchange Server 2010 for now).

I have been reading through 2 documents in preparation for the EV 10 upgrade:

1. Howto42445 Migrating Enterprise Vault to 64-bit hardware using the Server Settings Migration Wizard

2. Upgrading to Enterprise Vault 10.0.3

I was just wondering how thorough the Migration Wizard is in moving the data and settings over from EV 9.0.2 to EV10.0.3:

Does it handle the DA stuff, or is that a separate migration?

I read in the "Upgrading to" document that some adjustments need to be made to the Directory Database and the Storage Database, Does the Migration Wizard handle these adjustments or should I make those adjustments before running the Migration Wizard.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything when I run the Migration Wizard.

Thanks,

Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

To clarify, are you talking about changing the Recovery Model of the databases?  If yes, you will need to do that if you don't have enough space.

As Rob said, DA is a seperate upgrade process and you should follow the Upgrade Instruction with the install media.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

DA is separate.

Do you have DA installed on a separate server?

The Migration Wizard will do the required changes, actually the storage service and directory service will do them.

Working for cloudficient.com

TonySterling

To clarify, are you talking about changing the Recovery Model of the databases?  If yes, you will need to do that if you don't have enough space.

As Rob said, DA is a seperate upgrade process and you should follow the Upgrade Instruction with the install media.

legomai
Level 4

Thanks for the quick responses.

Rob,  because we only are managing about 400 mailboxes, DA is running on the same server.

Tony, I was  talking about where the section on the Directroy Daatabase and how much space is needed depending on the recovery model. So You answered my question.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay regarding DA. You will need to tackle that after the main EV migration. I am reasonably sure you can install the binaries and point it to your existing databases.

TonySterling

As you are DA 9 sp2 you will need to upgrade to DA 10 and then upgrade to DA 10 sp 3

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH53174

You can follow these steps to migrate DA:

How to move Compliance Accelerator (CA) or Discovery Accelerator (DA) to a new server

Article:TECH55065  |  Created: 2007-01-29  |  Updated: 2012-10-09  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH55065

legomai
Level 4

Thanks guys for all the useful information. I appreciate  you both taking the time to help me out.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad to help.