cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client driven PST migration fails

Humberto_2
Level 3
Partner

I'm working on configuring the client-driven migration for end users here.  It looks like it's gone pretty well, but I have one PST that's failed a couple times now.  If I double-click on the file under Personal Store Management, under Failure Text, it shows "Error 0x80070020."  In Event Viewer, I have event 6609, which says, "PST file access error occurred."  The account shown in the event description field is the EV service account.

What's not adding up about this is that the PST file starts to archive, then it stops.  It pushed a good chunk of data over to the server before it stops migrating any more data and eventually showing Migration Failed under Status.  Plus, we've used the same account settings for a few other PST files that have been successfully migrated already.

Regarding data sizes...  The PST file is 2.7GB, the user's mailbox is currently 340MB, and there was a size limit set on his Exchange mailbox of 1.6GB.  Not sure if any of this might make any difference, but I wanted to point it out all the same.  Any ideas how to fix this issue, or if I can expect this to happen again?

1 REPLY 1

Gonz
Level 5
Employee

Hello Humberto.

Ensure that the pst file that you want to migrate and it is failing with the eventid 6609, it is not read only.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/296105