cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Mailbox Vault Store Partition

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
I've only one mailbox vault store partition. Backup time is very high and I need to close my partition and open another.
This is my question: if I close the partition and users delete archived items who are in this partition, the file system (file.dvs) disappared?

Thanks for all
Smiley Happy
6 REPLIES 6

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
First of all, if you are experiencing unusually high backup times, then you may want to consider enabling collections to run against your suspect partition.  This will drastically reduce the time necessary to backup your storage.  Opening a new partition isn't going to reduce backup times, especially considering that this issue will surface again, once you begin adding items to your new partition.  Collections is your friend.

Wedge2007
Level 3
Closing the partition will limit the need to keep backing it up as new items will be written to the new partition. Collections will help as well, but make sure your backups are good!

It's a good practice to keep your partitions to a managable size

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Right you are Wedge, only closed partitions will benefit as they won't have to be backed up as often.  However, might I encourage that you enable collections as your open partitions are going to greatly benefit from your savesets being CAB'ed.

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
Thanks for your replies.
I've just implemented collections. I've backup time too slow. My ask is: if a close partition, users can delete archived items in closed partition?

Thanks!!!!Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
If you are allowing deletions to occur then yes, they can.

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
Good. Thanks for your help. Have a nice day