cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing vault stores

Owen_2
Level 3
Is there any particular process to closing vault stores ?  I want to close one and create a new one so that all new stuff goes into the new one.  Is there anything in particular that I need to do ?  I want to make sure I don't have any problems with my current EV6SP3 setup.  In particular, I don't want any loss of data.

Barry.
4 REPLIES 4

The_Genie
Level 4
Hello, when you say close the Vault Store are you sure you do not mean the Vault Store Partition, ie, the physical location that the data is stored in DVS files? Its easy to get confused.

The Vault Store itself is the SQL database which you cannot close off, only create a new one and use this for new archived data.  If you wanted to move users to this vault store it is possible but an absoloute nightmare and a very manual process I believe. 

Owen_2
Level 3
Hi Genie,

Yes, I mean the Vault Store Partition.  I'm sure it's relatively straight forward but I want to make sure I do it properly.

If you could let me know how to do it that would be great.

Thanks.

Ranjeet_Menon_2
Level 2
Hello Owen,

If you are using SAN disk, then you will need to create a new LUN and use the diskpart utility to create the new partition in Windows. You can follow the below steps to open a new vault store and simultaneously close the old store.

Creating a new vault store partition

You can create a new partition within a vault store as needed. The partitions within a vault store can be on different types of device; for example, you could have some partitions on NTFS and some on EMC Centera.

To create a new partition:

1. In the Administration Console, right-click the vault store in which you want to create a new partition.

2. On the shortcut menu, click New and then Partition.

The New Partition wizard starts.

1. Work through the New Partition wizard.

Note

• A vault store can have only one open partition, which is the partition into which all new items are archived. When you create a new partition, the wizard asks whether you want it to be open or closed. If you choose to create an open partition any existing open partition is automatically closed.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck,

Ranjeet

Gerd_Bussmann
Level 3
Employee
Hi Owen,

one Vault Store Partition has to be open. If you close one Vault Store Partition the partition will only set to read only. All data are still available.

Regards
Gerd