cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Custom File Groups on EV File Volume Policy

Paris
Level 3
Hi guys,

As you know in EV 2007 SP2 File Archiving we can have Blocking rules in the Volume Policy section and I was wondering if we could create custom file groups on the Blocking rules, because as default we can’t insert a custom extension. For example: *.sfq

Exist a way that we can bypass this? Maybe if we could edit a particular table inside the SQL database…..

Any suggestions we be appreciated…

Thanks in advance,

Paris.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Paris wrote:
Hi guys,

As you know in EV 2007 SP2 File Archiving we can have Blocking rules in the Volume Policy section and I was wondering if we could create custom file groups on the Blocking rules, because as default we can’t insert a custom extension. For example: *.sfq

Exist a way that we can bypass this? Maybe if we could edit a particular table inside the SQL database…..

Thanks in advance,

Paris.

No need to edit SQL! :)

In the Vault Admin Console under Policies> File right click File Groups and choose New.  This will launch a wizard you can create your custom file groups.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Paris wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance,

Paris.

No need to edit SQL! :)

In the Vault Admin Console under Policies> File right click File Groups and choose New.  This will launch a wizard you can create your custom file groups.

Regards,

Paris
Level 3
Thanks Tonny..... ;)

when you work under pressure some times you forget your name....

Regards....