Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Stubs after archiving

Enrico_Rudolph
Level 2
Partner Certified

Hello,

my customer want that all mails in the user mailboxes are archived as soon as possible. But the should not be replaced bye Stubs this time. After 6 monts he want a replacement of the archived mails by Stubs. Is this possible?

The customer has Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 and Exchange 2010 SP3. 

Can we do it with Enterprise Vault 11? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Enrico,

This is not possible. I believe it is a requested feature, look in the 'ideas' section.

You might want to set the shortcut creation policy to 'shortcut = message body'.

Is there a specific reason why your customer wants this?

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Enrico,

This is not possible. I believe it is a requested feature, look in the 'ideas' section.

You might want to set the shortcut creation policy to 'shortcut = message body'.

Is there a specific reason why your customer wants this?

Regards. Gertjan

Enrico_Rudolph
Level 2
Partner Certified

HI,

at the moment the customer archiv the user mails after 6 mons. So the users delete many mails before the archived. We have a compliance archiv for this mails. But the users have no access for this archive, so the helpdesk have to find this mails for them.

regards

Enrico    

JGrilli
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I would recommend setting the Exchange dumpster at 2 weeks or greater, keep Exchange backups for two weeks, and set the archive date at 30 days.  That way, if an end user deletes an item, they can retrieve it from their dumpster with Outlook with little or any aid from the IT dept. and if the item is extremely important it could be retrieved from backup tape or from the journal archive all the way through those first 30 days.  If it is left in the mailbox after 30 days, then it will be archived for whatever their retention policy is.  Agree with Gertjan that leaving the body of the msg intact is the way to go, so that they would only need the original if there is an attachment, which is where you get most of your single-instancing / storage gains anyway.

Best of luck!