cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVS files have Red Cross next to them after EV 8 upgrade.

philt
Level 5
Hi All,

We upgraded to EV 8 over the weekend.
When doing our post upgrade checks we noticed that the DVS files now have a Red Cross next to them when mapping from PC to Vault Store file system. Also then can't be opened using Outlook as they could when EV 2007.

From a security perspective this is most probably a good thing but I just wanted to check that this is by design and we don't a have a potenial issue.

Thanks in advanced.
Cheers,
Phil; 
5 REPLIES 5

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 You should still be able to open the *.DVS files directly - especially if they have been created in EV2007.  You won't be able to open the dvscc and dvssp files.
Did you upgrade to EV8 base or to SP1?

I see what you mean about the red cross - haven't noticed that one before - looks like it is just using the wrong(?) icon for the *.dvs extensions.

philt
Level 5
Thanks John,

We only upgraded to EV8 base. Wasn't aware that there was a SP1 already. Is this an urgent service pack?

Cheers,Phil

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Phil I just did a test on 8.0 SP1 and we are still able to open up *.dvs in Outlook on the EV Server. Yes, I think EV8 SP1 is highly recommended! Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

MichelZ
Level 6
Phil I just saw in another thread that in 8.0, opening *.dvs was probably disabled. See here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ev80-messages-archiving-regardless-criteria-few-customers Wayne posted on the wrong thread, it seems... ;)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Sorry, folks im forever messing up.

So by the looks of things V8 you cannot double click an old saveser, V8 SP1 you are able to.