cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delegate with full-access in Outlook cannot delete shortcuts in manager's mailbox?

BruGuy
Level 6

Hello,

One of our managers has given his secretary to his Outlook mailbox. He's done this by giving her "Editor" permissions at mailbox- and folder-level in Outlook. So the secretary can do practically everything in the manager's mailbox, including deleting messages.

Problem is that if the secretary tries to delete a shortcut, nothing happens, i.e., the shortcut is not deleted. She gets the usual "delete shortcut" or "delete both" prompt and there is no error message. Just to be clear, she can delete unarchived messages in the same folder.

I've re-sync'd the Outlook permissions on the manager's mailbox using the VAC. No difference. I can reproduce this behaviour on a test mailbox. No mention on the EV server's event logs. Can someone tell me how to make it work properly?

EV8.0 with Sp4, Outlook 2002 and 2003 clients.

Thanks,

- Alan.

4 REPLIES 4

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

What permissions does she have on the archive, showing under the VAC.
When she selects "delete both" does an event get throw on the EV server?
If not and she has full banana's on the archive  you could dtrace  StorageDelete and post the results.

I cant test at present as I dont have access to my labs :(

BruGuy
Level 6

Deleting just shortcut or both make no difference. The confirmation window closes as usual but the shortcut remains. Nothing in the event log.

EV is set to automatically  inherit permissions from Outlook, so the secretary is NOT mentioned in the Permissions tab of the manager's archive properties. That seems to work because she can open the manager's archived items.

(Anyone got Dtrace instructions, can I do any damage with Dtrace pls.)

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
Dtrace is not damaging :)
To check permissions further use permissionsbrowser.exe found under x:\Program Files|Enterprise Vault\

Dtrace guide here:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/enterprise-vault-dtrace

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It may also be worthwhile enabling maximum client tracing, and sharing that with the forum, for review.
Working for cloudficient.com