cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete from user Archives not working???

philt
Level 5
Hi All,

I'm setting up a "Test" to allow users to delete from their Archives but it's not working.

I've ticked "Users can delete items from their Archives" at the site level.
Created a new Provisioning Group that includes my test users.
Created a new Policy (that targets the new Test Provisioning group) which shows the delete from Vault buttons at the desktop.
The retention category that the Test user is using has the "Prevent deletion of archived items in this category" Unticked.

When the user highlights a message in Archive Explorer and clicks the delete from Vault button nothing happens, no errors message just nothing. I've restarted tasks, services, rebooted EV server and still nothing, even waited a day or so.

What have I missed?

EV 7.0

Thanks in advanced,
Cheers,
Phil

5 REPLIES 5

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
If people come across this issue when trying to delete from archive explorer - try to right click and see if the delete, copy and move options are grayed out...if so check your webapp.ini file and see if those options are set to 0, if so change them to 1 and synch all mbx's

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Oh and when you want to delete items from archive explorer use the right click on the item or items and select delete, do not use the delete from vault button on the toolbar.

philt
Level 5
Thanks for your support Andra and taking the extra step to update this thread.

Cheers,
Phil

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Phil

Have you got a solution for this?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

philt
Level 5
Hi Michel,

Yes, the solution was to edit the webapp.ini file, changed ArchiveExplorerDelete=0 to ArchiveExplorerDelete=1, as per Andra's advice.

Cheers,
Phil