cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Multiple Messages from Journal Vault

Phin_Wells
Level 4
I've vaulted some 70,000 journalled messages that didn't need to be vaulted; these are internal Openview alerts etc. When I use the Browser search to try to delete the messages I get the following error:  "The deletion of the item is not currently permitted."  However I can delete the message using the search vaults utility.
Has anyone seen this beofre?
Cheers  Phin
6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Is there an event in the application log the corresponds to you trying the delete?

Do I understand correctly you are trying to delete via the webapp search and it gives you an error but when you use the integrated Outlook search you can?

Phin_Wells
Level 4
Annoyingly there's nothing in the event log. When you launch the Search Vaults utiliy there is a link at the top left of the screen called "Browser search". This allows multiple deletions of the journal vault.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Which EV version are you using?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Phin_Wells
Level 4
v7 sp1

Shelli_Romeu
Level 3
I am also on v7sp1 and receiving the message "The deletion of the item is not currently permitted" when deleting a message from either the webapp or the client for a user.  Deletion is allowed and my celera is not in compliance mode.  Did you ever find a resolution for this?

Phin_Wells
Level 4
Hi,

I never got as response from Symantec.