cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting archived files using Archive Explorer

JohnWWT
Level 3

Does anyine know of a way I can delete folders of archived data from within Archive Explorer. I am currently running EV v8.0.5. If this feature is in a newer release, can you please let me know. All I can seem to do is to delete individual files not folders.

Regards

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Unfortunately that's probably the only way to delete archived folders. It's just the way the product works.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You cannot delete archive folders. However you can delete the archive folder if it is empty and it has to be emptied for 32 days. I remember testing this feature a while ago.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH47918

I 'think' if you are using Virtual Vault then you may be able to deleted archived folders. Not tested myself to be honest as it is not via Archive Explorer.

Hope that helps.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

In other words, if you have deleted all the items within a folder via archive explorer, set the regkey and the emtpy folder will be deleted eventually ;)

JohnWWT
Level 3

Thanks for your reply. Thats a bit of a tedious task for an administrator. I would like to run a script which deletes folders which have been restored from archive, as they do not need to stay on the archived tape.

Regards

John

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

archived tape?

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Unfortunately that's probably the only way to delete archived folders. It's just the way the product works.

JohnWWT
Level 3

Yes, we archive to disk then to tape depending on the retention policy.

It sounds like there isn't a quick way of doing this.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

John