cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying forms via Organisational folder

EV_Wanabee
Level 4

Hello all,

I posted a question earlier but decided to log this one as it is slightly different.  Basically, over the next 2 weeks I will be upgrading to EV 7.0 SP2 and then to EV 2007.  I have just today deleted the 4 EV 6 forms that were present in our Organisational set. I then installed the 4 that I will be using with EV 2007.  I then deleted the forms manually from my Personal Forms in Outlook and then closed the application.  I deleted the frmcache.dat file and then Opened Outlook again. At this stage i can still see archived items with their associated EV forms and I can also retrieve them. However, at this stage the forms have not been copied across to my Personal Folders set. How is this possible?  basically my questions are:

1. Why can I still see and access EV items when my personal forms dont contain any EV forms?
  2. How can I ensure that all out Outlook clients actually copy across the most recent forms from the Organisational set, as I believe they are supposed to, automatically?
  3. With EV Server 6 SP2  is there a way to install the forms locally via a package etc

All our PC's will soon have EV 2007 Client as I am installing this via SMS at the moment, we only have EV installed in the UK domain.

Any help would really be appreciated guys.

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi there

You are confusing things here.

Forms which are in the Org Forms Library do NOT get copied to the client's Personal Forms library. The will be used directly from Org Forms.

Since EV 2007, it is possible to have the forms copied over by client (aka "Deploy forms locally" set to "Always"), which I recommend.

There is no way on EV6 to do this, however.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi there

You are confusing things here.

Forms which are in the Org Forms Library do NOT get copied to the client's Personal Forms library. The will be used directly from Org Forms.

Since EV 2007, it is possible to have the forms copied over by client (aka "Deploy forms locally" set to "Always"), which I recommend.

There is no way on EV6 to do this, however.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

EV_Wanabee
Level 4

Thank you Michelz, that was what I was hoping.

I really appreicate the quick response to my question.

I take it then that copying these forms to the Personal Forms will be required for those that have Offline vault and\or work offline for instance?