Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator Upgrade from 7.3 to 2007 SP5

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi Guys

trying to install DA 2007 sp5 and I get the following error during the installing process

Server "enterprise vault Accelerator Manager service' (AcceleratorManager) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system servicesa.

I have installed the pre software for DA, check all the permissions and gave the server internet access as per the link below. 

Still get the same error. I have tried diffrent versions of the software and I get the same result.
We did do a upgrade of EV about 2 weeks ago from version 2007 SP3 to 8 SP2 which went through fine.

My next set is to restart the server.

If any one has any other ideas or ways to check please let me know. Heck I could have forgoten to do something along the way.

Regards,

Rob
7 REPLIES 7

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Do you get a 1067 error like this?

Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event ID: 5000
EventType clr20r3, P1 acceleratormanager.exe, P2 7.0.2.0, P3 46a8767e, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4333ab80, P7 51e4, P8 61, P9 n51cffzwz1gffvslvrub5uxq1gvd0txu, P10 NIL.

If so then this has been seen once previously and the root cause was that the Vault Service Account (VSA) remote calls to .Net 2.0 were being blocked.

There was no resolution in this instance but it is a road for you to travel down. Maybe do some .NET logging or get MS involved.

The suggested workarounds are not brilliant either really:-

• Create and use a new account from Active Directory. Give the new account the proper rights on the Sql server(s)
  • Or Install Compliance on a different server.

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Thanks for the reply

I dont get any 1067 error.

Rebooted the box and still no luck.

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Thanks for the reply

I dont get any 1067 error.

Rebooted the box and still no luck.

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi Paul

Cleared the logs now and tried again and found the error you where reffering to.

Going to try and make a new user and see what happens. We dont have CA installed on this box on DA.

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi All

Well we landed up loading DA on another box and it worked perfectly. We are getting MS to look into the the problem.

Thanks for all the help.

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi All

Well we landed up loading DA on another box and it worked perfectly. We are getting MS to look into the the problem.

Thanks for all the help.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Can you marked as solved.