cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator search results stuck in "Accepting" mode

EV_VKTM
Level 2
We recently went through a heck of a mess after our EV 6 CP3 index experienced a 2.5 hour gap in data. Luckily, we knew where it was and after tinkering for 40 days and 40 nights, we got things back on track. However, Discovery Accelerator hasn't been the same since. Small searches yield valid results, but large searches - 90, 000 items or more, cause the DA to freeze in "Accepting" mode. AND, we're seeing Windows Application Log Event 42064. Basically the DA times out. The problem is that the timeout isn't enough to kill the "Accepting" mode.

I think the index on the SQL server is corrupt, and I was thinking of running Replayindex to rebuild a new index. Any reason why I shouldn't? BTW, my logic is based on the fact that nothing has changed recently except the index. Any thoughts? Advice?
8 REPLIES 8

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
When in doubt, rebuild, especially for DA stuff. Warning tho, it'll always take longer then you'd like, so prepare for a long downtime (your mileage may vary).

micah

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
That doesn't apply in this case. (rebuilding that is)

What version is DA? If it is 5 sp4 there are some queries and settings that can be ran to boost performance.

Also, is SQL on a dedicated box?

T_Shanahan
Level 2
DA is version 5.0.3-Rg235. Yes, the SQL is on a dedicated server.

TonySterling
Can you get me a row count for tblVaultItems, tblSearchItems, and tblntDiscoveredItems from the DA database?

Are you seeing deadlocks on the sql server?

If yes and the row counts are high, few things you can do:

1.) Stop the DA service and backup the DA database.

2.)In the tblConfig table set the value for "Accepting Checkpoint" to 10 from 1000.

3.)Run the following script against the DA database:

if not exists (select * from sysindexes where name = ('IX_tblSearchItems') )

CREATE INDEX ON () ON

GO

if not exists (select * from sysindexes where name = ('IX_tblIntDiscoveredItems') )

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ON . (, , )

WITH IGNORE_DUP_KEY

ON

GO

if not exists (select * from sysindexes where name = ('IX_tblVaultItems') )

CREATE UNIQUE

INDEX ON . ()

WITH IGNORE_DUP_KEY

ON

GO

if not exists (select * from sysindexes where name = ('cks_tblVaultItems_on_IDEN') )

CREATE INDEX ON . () ON

GO

Then restart DA and you should see the searches start accepting very quickly.

TonySterling
Also, you should start you plan to upgrade to at least DA 6. DA 7 was released on the 15th, so version 5 will be EOL soon. :)

EV_VKTM
Level 2
tblVaultItems=1
tblSearchItems=1
tblntDiscoveredItems=1

EV_VKTM
Level 2
No deadlocks. "Accepting Checkpoint" was set to 10 thousand! It's now "10". But I'm still seeing 2 searches in "Accepting" mode. Is there a way to stop the Accepting mode and delete the search also?

TonySterling
That is a bit odd. Have you opened a case w/ support?