cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator

Michael_Feldman
Level 4
Can any one tell me how i would remove a user from the Discovery Accelerators User Roles? I only see an option to add but not to remove. What happened was that we had to rename a users domain account. So now what i need to do so is remove her previous account from DA, and add her new one. Also for some reason i had imagined that i could just as easily add the new account without removing the old one, but its not leting me do it. No error messages just doesnt happen.

Thanks for any help
11 REPLIES 11

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Michael,
I think you've run in to a "feature" of DA. Everything in DA is permanently (well, almost everything) set. So if you create a test case, you can never delete it for the life of the install. It's probably that way with the users as well.

micah

Michael_Feldman
Level 4
LOL...
well that makes sense (in that weird kind of way)
Still dont understand why i cant add a user. it just doesnt happen. Ne1 have ne ideas what could be the problem?

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I'm not sure if this will work or not (as I'm not really DA savvy), but have you tried adding the user under a different userid, and tying that account back to the real ldap query in the user properties?

micah

SymcMarj
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Michael, you should be able to remove the check mark next to the users name. That should eliminate any access that the user has.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Hmmm...I don't have DA setup but if I remember correctly there is a synchronize with AD option. What happens if you synchronize?

Michael_Feldman
Level 4
problem is I dont know DA well enough...where would I find this option?

Michael_Feldman
Level 4
yeah i know i could remove their access but i guess there is no way to remove them completely...but thats fine with me as long as i can add the new user name which i cant...odd

Michael_Feldman
Level 4
yeah i know i could remove their access but i guess there is no way to remove them completely...but thats fine with me as long as i can add the new user name which i cant...odd

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Check the user's properties.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Check the user's properties.

Logan_Sutterfie
Level 4
Accredited
Michael,

I am late on this thread, but I see that it may not have been answered. As stated before, once a user is synchronized in, they cannot be removed. Typically you create cases for investigations, give needed permissions, and then close the case when the investigation / audit is complete. The use name will stay in the master list, but should not be added to any new cases.

For the existing cases, you can remove the check from the role assignment within the case (Case Menu--->Role Assignment)

Once removed, the users cannot access the application.

Logan