cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy in how Vault Client version is reported

AL_G
Level 4

Hello

qq - just wondering why the Vault Client shows different verison info depending on where you look.

as an example:

Windows : "Add / Remove Programs" shows Version as 9.0.5186
(which I believe is coming from the MSI "ProductVersion")

Outlook : File -> "Enterprise Vault" within OL2010 shows version was 9.0.1.1038
(which I'm guessing is based on a key dll - e.g. Valkyrie.dll)

Is this "intentional" ?

Thanks
-AL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Ignore the version in add/remove programs.  It has been reported a few times to our build team.  In "some" versions of Windows that version isn't noticable, but in things like Windows 7/Vista, you do get to see it.

The version of the Add-in that you and I know is based on Valkyrie.dll, desktopcommon.dll etc.

The article you pointed out is a hotfix after 1073... that's what it's trying (perhaps badly?) to say.

As JW2 says :

1038 was the early release 9.0.1 client to support Outlook 2010

1073 is the 9.0.1 client

1090 is the post 9.0.1 Cumulative Client.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AL_G
Level 4

Another example:

Hotfix for Symantec Enterprise Vault (EV) for Microsoft Exchange 9.0.1, Build 1073 - Cumulative hotf...

Verison reported by Outlook : 9.0.1.1090

Version reported by Add / Remove Programs : 9.0.5186

And then the article itself says 9.0.1 Build 1073 ?!

Why not show a consistent version number / scheme?

Thanks

-AL

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

9.0.1.1038 was the Pre EV 9 SP1 Outlook 2010 client yeah?
9.0.1.1073 is any of the EV 9 SP1 client that was released as part of the full EV9 SP1 download
9.0.1.1090 is any of the EV 9 SP1 client that was released as part of the full cumulative hotfix for the client

The MSI versioning i'm not sure why that doesn't have different versions, maybe because they're seperating out the versions of the installer that don't have updates to the installation process etc, not sure, but the version always to go by is what outlook reports

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Ignore the version in add/remove programs.  It has been reported a few times to our build team.  In "some" versions of Windows that version isn't noticable, but in things like Windows 7/Vista, you do get to see it.

The version of the Add-in that you and I know is based on Valkyrie.dll, desktopcommon.dll etc.

The article you pointed out is a hotfix after 1073... that's what it's trying (perhaps badly?) to say.

As JW2 says :

1038 was the early release 9.0.1 client to support Outlook 2010

1073 is the 9.0.1 client

1090 is the post 9.0.1 Cumulative Client.

Working for cloudficient.com