cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the 'Export Archive Wizard' remove content from archive?

Veera_Door
Level 4

Seems like a pretty obvious question, but I've run the Export Archive Wizard to export some emails into a PST expecting the emails to be removed from the users Ev archive - however they didn't get removed.

Can I then assume that this function doesn't remove emails from the archive (but copy them instead) or is it down to the vaultstore that the emails are in (and whether its marked as read-only)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Both these posters are completely right. and just to add... I have done it several times. you can do the entire mailbox by specifying the root "\" directory. I relied on this when I could not reliably count on shortcuts being updated upon importing.

I have done it dozens of time at least.

Hope this helps. If someone here did... please dont forget to flag the solution so that others dont come where help is not needed.

Many thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

it's in there and the option is called "Remove exported items from archive"

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Andy is right, but only when you choose the option....Export all items from this root folder path, you get the tick box for remove exported items from the archive.

I have not tested myself but this option may be prevented, if the retention category is blocking users from deleting items from vault.

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Both these posters are completely right. and just to add... I have done it several times. you can do the entire mailbox by specifying the root "\" directory. I relied on this when I could not reliably count on shortcuts being updated upon importing.

I have done it dozens of time at least.

Hope this helps. If someone here did... please dont forget to flag the solution so that others dont come where help is not needed.

Many thanks.