cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino Journal Setup Question

Gerald_2
Level 4

I have EV2007 SP3 installed. We want to test Domino Journaling. I have done all the steps for Domino Journaling except create the target. When I try to create the target I get a window that says

"Failed to get the list of ID Files from the server. Chaek that the Enterprise Vault Admin Service is running on computer 'OurServer'. Reason: Make Sure that Lotus Notes Client has been installed on the Enterprise Vault Server."

I have the Notes client installed on this server so not sure why I'm getting this message. Is there something I don't have setup Correctly? We don't do any other Domino archiving. Only Exchange archiving at this point.

Thanks,

Gerald

10 REPLIES 10

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Gerald

I'm not a notes expert, so beware of my advice ;)

Are you able to successfully connect to Domino via Notes Client on the EV Server?

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Gerald_2
Level 4
Yep. Can open the Notes Journal fine from the server.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Gerald

Have a look here:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/294560.htm

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Gerald_2
Level 4

I think maybe I don't have something setup correctly.

My EV Site has 5 servers. All of them do Exchange Archiving at this point. I have added another EV Server for just journaling. This journal server needs to do Domino Journaling. In order to do Domino Journaling do I have to setup a Domino Gateway server? The documents I have are not clear on this.

Thanks,

Gerald

Steve_C_Blair
Level 4
Employee

You will need to setup 1 EVDG for your Domino that is correct, if you check in Installing and Configuring the Domino section will walk you through the steps. It is important to make sure that you check the SCL to insure you put the right version of Domino on the EVDG, cross-sign the VSA, and don't forget to run EVInstall.nsf after initial config.

This works very well for a customer I know in Sydney who has a "split" environment of both Exchange and Domino (due to M&A activity I think) and they run DA against both environments' Journals just fine.

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Gerald

to clarify: For journaling only you don't need a gateway.

Install Notes Client (single user) on the EV Server and configure it (id file need to be copied into your data dir.)

Then add the target domain and server and Journaling location i.e <pathtodomino>Data\Symantec

I think you were quite close....

regards

Gerald_2
Level 4

Thanks. I have tried to do that, but keep getting the error listed above. For Journaling only, does the client have to be at least 7 or greater?

Also, if we an EV Domino Gateway, does it have to be in the smae Domino Domain?

Thanks

Gerald_2
Level 4
Let me clarify, Does the Domino client installed on the EV Server have to be version 7 or greater. The client we have installed in 6.5.4

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited

compatibility guide

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf

page 54: "Lotus Notes Client"

please do not try the 7.0.2 you won't get the required hotfix anymore.

Use 7.0.3 or v 8 Notes client

Gerald_2
Level 4
Thanks for this. We will give the new client a try.