cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino Maximum Message Size to Archive

Trojenz
Level 4
Partner

I do not see a the 'Max Message size to Archive' setting in the advanced tab of the mailbox or journal policies for Domino implementations.  The setting exists for Exchange implementations.  So how do I get EV for Domino to ingest mail items larger than 250MB?

Messages over 250MB are building in my journal mailboxes.

Please don't ask why messages over 250MB are allowed.

TIA,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

There is an undocumented registry value that can be set to increase the limit.  I cannot guarantee setting the registry value will mean the item is successfully archived / indexed.

Please use this cautiously.  I would suggest copying the large journal items to a new mail file and perform some testing first before setting this on a production server.

HKLM\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents

(or HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node)\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents)

[REG_DWORD] DominoMaxMsgSizeMB

Sets a limit in megabytes (MB) on the size of Domino messages that Enterprise Vault can archive.

Regards

Karl

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Trojenz
Level 4
Partner

If EV for Domino cannot archive items larger than 250MB, please let me know.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Mike

If you have not already you should open a case with Symantec to get an official answer for this.

This forum is a peer-to-peer user forum and whilst there are Symantec employees contributing it may be better for you to speak to support directly.

Regards,

Tony

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

There is an undocumented registry value that can be set to increase the limit.  I cannot guarantee setting the registry value will mean the item is successfully archived / indexed.

Please use this cautiously.  I would suggest copying the large journal items to a new mail file and perform some testing first before setting this on a production server.

HKLM\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents

(or HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node)\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents)

[REG_DWORD] DominoMaxMsgSizeMB

Sets a limit in megabytes (MB) on the size of Domino messages that Enterprise Vault can archive.

Regards

Karl

Trojenz
Level 4
Partner

Thanks for the information Karl.

We are pushing to set a cap on the maximum message size, but can now plan for other contingencies.

Appreciate the help.

Mike

Ed_Mullan
Not applicable

We've only had one warning in the log, it more looks like the Migration Wizard cannot get to the rest of the emails.

I will set the setting to 30 MB and retry the migration. But wouldn't it generate more warnings if this was the problem?

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

If items are being left in the mail file after migration (or fail migration) you should be able to get some more info out of the report file as to why.

Thanks

Karl