Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Personal folders

Yobo
Level 5
Partner
Hi,

One of my customer have a PST.

After using the client-drive migration, it was sucessfully migrated to a folder  'ArchivedPST". There is no duplicate folders here.

Howerver, the customer notice there are about 8 PST Folders being created below the inbox but it  cannot be access and cannot even closed it  (right-click closed Folder)after restarting outlook.

How does this happen?

Previously, the plan intend is to used server migration, as such, the PST was deleted (files found) and search for this PST by locator task has been unchcked, thus client driven migration was excuted.
5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Ensure that the PST becomes hidden afterwards

Yobo
Level 5
Partner
Hi,

For Servers driven migration is is hidden. No issue for users that used server driven migration.

So, I asusme the configuration for desktop policy is the same for enabled client driven policy.

User have only one PST and so many PST are created in the same folder (It actually duplicated). This happen using client driven policy.

Thanks

Yobo
Level 5
Partner

Remove the outlook profile and the problem was resolved.

corrupted outlook profile causes by PST Migration.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Can't tell...

I can't tell from the description what caused the issue to be honest.

<snip>
Previously, the plan intend is to used server migration, as such, the PST was deleted (files found) and search for this PST by locator task has been unchcked, thus client driven migration was excuted.
</snip>

Doing that will not make client driven migration happen.  The only way for client driven migration to happen is for the client to be enabled for client driven migration via the VAC.  Simply unselected a file for migration on the server, which the PST locator task found, doesn't send EV down the client driven migration path.

<snip>
So, I asusme the configuration for desktop policy is the same for enabled client driven policy.
</snip>

There is a section in the PST policy for "Post Migration", you'll see that some things relate ONLY to client driven migration.  One of those is to make the PST hidden etc.

Hope that helps,

Working for cloudficient.com

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 FYI....

As an FYI a bug was logged in this area by one of our QA engineers recently.  It was not reproducible though.  Further investigation will happen, but if you can provide more details it might help that investigation in some significant ways.
Working for cloudficient.com