cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 10 how many parallel PST imports for Journal

kai_a
Level 3

Hi all.

I am new in EV  and sometimes the easiest  question have no Answer..

I have EV 10.0.4  on a 8 CPU 32GB Server with WIN 2012 R2.

we got 2 TB PST files (each about 20GB) from a customer. They where exported from the Journal Archiv.

Now we try to import it in our enviroment. We use the wizzard which is running fine.

The question is, is it possible to do more then one Import for ONE user  (in this case the Journal)  parallel?
I have no Problem with Performance, i am only not sure if this is working without trouble.  Do 3 Import Task for the same Archiv create deadlocks or whatever

thanks in Advance 

Kai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As you have 8 CPU I think you could run 4 instances of the import.  One question though, are they going to seperate archives?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As you have 8 CPU I think you could run 4 instances of the import.  One question though, are they going to seperate archives?

kai_a
Level 3

No  thats my Question.  is it possible Or useful to import more then 1 pst parallel to one Archive.

Normal User Archives but also Journal Archiv

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

I think Tony's suggestion is valid for parallel imports.  I have run up to 6 at a time but I have 12CPU.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Just as a matter of interest, have you looked in to the rammifications of importing a Journal Archive via PST? theres a few things that may break compliance

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146