cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 2007 to EV 9 upgrade Path

Joe_Vogel
Level 4
No direct upgrade path?  Do I really need to go to version 8 before I go to version 9?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you will need to upgrade to EV 8 and complete the post-installation tasks before moving to EV 9.  The process is described in the Upgrade_Instructions.pdf/chm.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you will need to upgrade to EV 8 and complete the post-installation tasks before moving to EV 9.  The process is described in the Upgrade_Instructions.pdf/chm.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Unfortunately you cannot diretly upgrade to 9.... If you are using CA / DA, make sure you upgrade in correct path .

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
The only other method would be to use a third party tool to migrate all your archives into the new v9 server. Effectively skipping out the v8 server, you would also be able to build the v9 server on a shiny new box.
This has added incentive as you might gain some back end storage space as from v8 onwards the single instancing EV does is vastly improved.

Look up Procedo or TransVault, I think GlassHouse's Archive Shuttle does a similar thing, however I have never used Archive Shutle