cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 6.0 Client Uninstall Problems

Randall_Curran
Level 2
I accidentally pushed the EV French client to end users workstations. The install worked fine but my users can't read French. I have tried multiple ways to uninstall the client, by using "msiexec /x", "add remove programs", "deleting folders and keys" and installing the English version. When Outlook is reopened the French version reinstalls. The install was done with the following command. "msiexec /m EVClient /qn /I EVClient60m.msi".

How can I really get rid of the french install. Thanks...
4 REPLIES 4

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Randall,

good for you - doing your bit for the EEC.

Try deleting the registry keys after uninstalling via Add/Remove programs. HKLM\Software\KVS - nail the whole set of keys from there down.

Also then reboot before reinstalling. I'm gonna guess that the .dll files stay registered - a reboot should nail that.

If it works let us know as de-registering the .dll files between removing and then reinstalling should be easy enough and might help you if you have a lot of clients.

If it doesn't work then also let us know and maybe someone else has a quick fix or I'll think a bit more... don't have much experience with the French client I gotta say!

David
http://messy.bravehost.com/

Randall_Curran
Level 2
David,

Thanks for the suggestion but the following does not work.

Add/Remove programs - Remove
Delete HKLM\Software\KVS
Delete HKCU\Software\KVS
Reboot
Reinstall EV Client English
Start Outlook - EV install starts and I have French.

What I do know is if I log on as a completely new user on the workstation and install the EV English version all is o.k. Log on as the original user and French does a reinstall. So I assume it has something to do with the user profile, just not sure what.

Thanks...Randy

Randall_Curran
Level 2
Thanks to Symantec Tech support the following fixed the issue.

1. Install and ran MS MSi Cleanup utility from - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301 - deleted EV6 User Extensions.
2. Ran regsvr32 /u valkyrie.dll from cmd prompt in C:\Program files\KVS\Evclient\
3. Deleted C:\Program Files\KVS\
4. Deleted HKLM\Software\KVS
5. Deleted HKCU\Software\KVS
6. Rebooted.
7. Deleted frmcache.dat and extend.dat.
8. Installed English client.

Randy

Scott_Anderso1
Level 4
Had a similar problem where the client continually tried to install. When you managed to stop the install, it could not be uninstalled.

This solution fixed the problem.