Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 6.0, Exchange 2000 and Archive Permissions

Ulf_Thomas_Joha
Level 3
Greetings.

Scenario:

I've got one archive which two users have access to the primary mailbox.

I've removed one of the users from the permission list on the primary mailbox, and I've synchronized (including permissions of course)

Problem is the following: The second user still has access to the archived items. Why is this?

Regards

Ulf Thomas Johansen
7 REPLIES 7

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Ulf,

They've probably delegated the ohter user (or maybe "default") access via Oultook. These permisions are replicated by KVS as well.

David

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
When you did the synchronisation did you also select the option to include 'Folder Hierarchy and Permissions'?

David_Messeng1
Level 6
I think Ulf has answered that Q already? It'll be delegations...

Ulf_Thomas_Joha
Level 3
There is no delegation going on. :)

And what do you mean by "default" access via outlook?

Ulf Thomas

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Right click on any Outlook folder. Properties. Permissions. "Default" means everyone. Users are, as we all know, challenging. Sometimes they figure out that changing "Default" permissions to Owner means thier mate sitting next to them can now read their Calendar, whcih is right but so can the rest of the company!

If user A can see users B's Vault and you are sure that there are no permissions set on the AD Mailbox Object to allow this then it is highly likely that user B has either delegated permmissions to user A somewhere in his Outlook tree or else he has delegated at least read permissions to "Default" somewhere in his Oultook tree (in which case you would be able to see it as well).

Hope this is helpful.

Ulf_Thomas_Joha
Level 3
Right you are! (Smacks self.)

The user had of course given explicit permissions on multiple folders in his mailbox.

Thank you kindly for the suggestion.

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Hey hey... I was overdue a "right first time"... this cheered me up on a totally freezing wintry day in the Yorkshire Dales...

Ulf, you need to flag the answer as "correct" dude -- see "reward help" at http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/help.jspa#rewards --this means other people can find correct answers to stuff and also gets you an honourable mention in the annals of the strong and the brave -- http://pub28.bravenet.com/forum/2381205959/show/595748