cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 7.5 extract

tippet5x
Level 3
Need to turn ev back on. Did a decommission but now one user need their original data . I need to do another pst export. I don't want to re-enable the environment. I still have the SQL database and the ptn folder Suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Depending on how big the SQL databases are you can use SQL express, and restore just the vault stores the user belong to With the evadmin just make it a regular ad user, don't bother with the exchange send as/receive as rights, don't bother with the index restores etc So if I was you 1. Set up a windows 2003 server, 2gb memory etc 2. Install IIS with ASP, ASP.net 3. Install MSMQ and outlook 2003 4. Create a new ad user called EVAdmin 5. Add evadmin as a local admin to server 6. Install SQLExpress 7. Restore the Directory database and Vault Store database to SQL express 8. Restore the vault store partitions to the server that the user belongs to 9. Update the hosts file so that the site alias and all the EV server aliases and point them to 127.0.0.1 10. Install ev2007 to the same version you had before 11. Run the configuration and tell it to repair the install 12. Export the user
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You need to setup a recovery EV server where SQL & EV binaries can be installed and configure EV server as it was before, After that export an archive to PST.

Detail are preset in TN "How to recover an archive after it has been deleted in Enterprise Vault" http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH48829

In EV 7.5 you can open DVS in outlook but it would be very difficult for you find out which DVS belongs to which user without recovery server.

tippet5x
Level 3
The users actual account was not deleted from the vault we did an export of all users and then shut down the software and then the server. I remove the evadmin accounts from ad.

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6

The presence of user in AD does not matter but yes you need to change EV service a/c as well which is additional task for you. You still need to setup a recovery server with EV+ SQL binaries installed. Create a new EV service a/c & make member of Local Administrators Group on the recovery EV Server with  security rights such as  "Act as Part of the Operating System", "Debug Programs", "Log on as a Service", "Replace a process level token".  New service a/c should not be disabled in AD & should not be hidden in GAL.

On SQL, ensure it has Dbo access to the master database on the SQL Server & DBowner rights.

We need to make changes in directory database but cannot recall right now, I will let you know soon.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Depending on how big the SQL databases are you can use SQL express, and restore just the vault stores the user belong to With the evadmin just make it a regular ad user, don't bother with the exchange send as/receive as rights, don't bother with the index restores etc So if I was you 1. Set up a windows 2003 server, 2gb memory etc 2. Install IIS with ASP, ASP.net 3. Install MSMQ and outlook 2003 4. Create a new ad user called EVAdmin 5. Add evadmin as a local admin to server 6. Install SQLExpress 7. Restore the Directory database and Vault Store database to SQL express 8. Restore the vault store partitions to the server that the user belongs to 9. Update the hosts file so that the site alias and all the EV server aliases and point them to 127.0.0.1 10. Install ev2007 to the same version you had before 11. Run the configuration and tell it to repair the install 12. Export the user

JesusWept3
Level 6
The only changes you would need to make is most likely to the partition entry path if it doesn't restore exactly to where they were And maybe some stuff with msmq, but really you just need the admin service, directory and storage service, don't worry about index, shopping and task controller services, you want to keep them disabled

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6

You should be good to go with installing EV binaries & running configuration wizard to perform repair as just directed by JesusWept, I was looking at directory entry table of my EV 7.5.6 & did not found any reference for VSA. (however it has changed somewhere in version 8.0 or above but that is not your case). 

tippet5x
Level 3
The SQL database is still there. If I power back on the ev server, can I just point it to a vault store location? All the ev servers were stopped and targets removed from the GUI.

JesusWept3
Level 6
What state was the EV server in when you shut it down? You may be able just to start it up and hit the ground running