cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8.0SP1 Failure

florianstern
Level 2

Hi Everybody,

we have a Problem with our EV 8.0SP1 since Monday.

When we want to open an archived Attachement from Outlook, we get an Error Message from EV:

GetOnlineAttachmentFileSize 0xC0041BD9

Does anybody have a solution for me to resolve this Problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Florian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi Florian,

Can you search for the failed items and retrieve them in either Search or Archive Explorer?

Was the EV upgrade a success, was there any errors relating to vault store database upgrade?

There is a thread relating to a very similar issue that you are having after they applied windows updates.

I would backup everything up in your environment and then re-apply the EV 8 SP1 binaries. If it still occurs then do a client trace and also a dtrace of the retrieval at the same time and see if the traces show any other errors relating to the issue.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/getonlineattachmentfilesize-0x80010105-when-opening-a...

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Did you perform any upgrade after which thsi issue started ? any chages made to the SQL server ?

florianstern
Level 2

Thanks for answer!

We haves added a new database to the SQL last month, but there the EV still works until this Monday.

Could this may the issue?

Upgrades we have performed: Windows Updates

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi Florian,

Can you search for the failed items and retrieve them in either Search or Archive Explorer?

Was the EV upgrade a success, was there any errors relating to vault store database upgrade?

There is a thread relating to a very similar issue that you are having after they applied windows updates.

I would backup everything up in your environment and then re-apply the EV 8 SP1 binaries. If it still occurs then do a client trace and also a dtrace of the retrieval at the same time and see if the traces show any other errors relating to the issue.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/getonlineattachmentfilesize-0x80010105-when-opening-a...

Hope that helps.