cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.0.2 isn't archiving folder under the Inbox

rasobey
Level 5

Hi all,

I've been pulling my hair out trying to work out why EV wasn't archiving a 30GB mailbox. Actually, two folders were being archived successfully. The difference between those two folders and the other 29GB was they they were at the mailbox root level. The 29GB lot of folders were subfolders of the Inbox. After I moved all those to the root level, EV suddenly found them.

Is there a policy, either mailbox or desktop, that would explain this? Am I making it clear?!

Thanks,

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

When they were under the Inbox, the Inbox *might* have Do Not Archive set on it..  when you move the subfolder out from underneath there, to the same level as Inbox, then it'll inherit the settings from "higher" up, and therefore might not have a Do Not Archive on it...

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Hi Richard

Is there any EVPM deployed in your environment? You could try zapping the mailbox (using EVPM) and then seeing how it behaves on a "Run Now" against the mailbox.

What does the report mode say when run against the mailbox?

rasobey
Level 5

I tried EVPM to zap it but got an error saying it couldn't create a prviliged MAPI session.

The reports for archiving were as expected, i.e. before I moved the folders it said there were 0 items ready for archiving, after I moved the folders there were 1000 items ready (there's a lot more than that though).

Richard

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Ok so EV is "working as intended".

And you will need to zap the mailbox, or some how blast the hidden message, something like Outlook Spy can help.

To help with the EVPM part look at this TN:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164054

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Use an Outlook 2007 client with the DCOM client addin, and check the EV tab on the folder properties, it'll show you the policy being applied to the folder.  That might help you work out if somone has (for example) set the folder to "Do Not Archive".

rasobey
Level 5

Sorry folks, I appreciate your help, but I'm not sure if you've understood the problem? Without making any modifications to the EV policy, folder properties, zapping mailboxes, or anything like that, I was able to get EV to archive the folders just by moving them to the root level of the mailbox. I was wondering what might cause this to happen, as it certainly doesn't seem normal to me?!

Richard

rasobey
Level 5

On the folder properties tab, both the folders that are archiving and those that are not are set to "Use system default values" I think it was.

I'll also look in to the EVPM articles, thanks, but since this mailbox is archiving most stuff, I don't know if it's going to help!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

When they were under the Inbox, the Inbox *might* have Do Not Archive set on it..  when you move the subfolder out from underneath there, to the same level as Inbox, then it'll inherit the settings from "higher" up, and therefore might not have a Do Not Archive on it...