cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Task Fails with Event IDs 3305 and 2256

burtos
Level 5

Been getting these error messages since yesterday, been getting ready for upgrading to EV v9.0.2 so been going through the Deployment scanner warnings to fix them.  All ive done so far is removed Office 2003 and replaced it with Office 2010. And these errors appeared.

Ev Server Setup

Windows 2003 Server Std Sp2

EV - v8.04.1991

Microsoft Outlook 2010

System mailbox is evuser@domainname.co.uk

I can open the system mailbox in Outlook 2010 on the ev server, checked the Mail server to see if the mailbox is hidden which it isnt, so im now heading towards permissions.

Just would like to know what are permissions required on the exchange server for the vault service account that i use for EV at the moment the vault service acocunt is in the administrators group on the EV and Exchange Servers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Reboot the ev server  then, run the deployment scanner. This should highlight any missed permissions etc, rectify those and go forward.

Post back specific problems you may have.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Outlook 2010 is not supported on an Enterprise Vault 8.x server !

See the compatibility guide:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH38537

Install Outlook 2007 !

burtos
Level 5

I have installed office 2007 now, do i need to do anything else

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Reboot the ev server  then, run the deployment scanner. This should highlight any missed permissions etc, rectify those and go forward.

Post back specific problems you may have.

burtos
Level 5

Only have 3 warnings, when running the deployment scanner

Operating System

The Operating System installed is supported by Enterprise Vault.

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 - 32 bit Operating System

The next major release of Enterprise Vault requires Windows Server 2008 R2 or later. You cannot upgrade to the next major release of Enterprise Vault on this computer.

SQL Server Permissions

Servername\SQLLIVE1: Unable to determine the version of the MXSML component. Enterprise Vault requires MSXML 6.0 or later. Without this FSA Reporting cannot be configured. Reason: Access is denied

Servername\SQLLIVE1: Unable to determine the version of the SQLXML component. Enterprise Vault requires SQLXML 4.0 or later. Without this FSA Reporting cannot be configured. Reason: Access is denied.

SQL Server Reporting Services

At least one test for SQL Server Reporting Services has failed.

Servername: Unable to determine if SQL Server Reporting Services are installed. Reason: Unable to connect to the server.

Still getting the event 2256 and 3305 errors in the logs though.

burtos
Level 5

removed from the registry all instances of office14 keys values etc.

installed a hot fix which said outlook was missing kb2475891

than on the archiving task itself  went to the Log On tab and manually entered in the vault service account name and password.

The archiving task now works and the errors have gone, not sure what fixed it but it could be a combination of all of them or just one.

Thanks mohawk for you help.

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Give me a solution then please dude smiley