cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9 AD functional level

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   
Hello,
We are looking at all the necessary integrations for the install of the new EV servers.
Till last version I was said that the AD could be 2008 but the functional level had to be 2003.
Can somebody say me if it is still the case with EV9 .
Thank you for any answer
Sandrine
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Sandrine, the information I have is that in EV 9 the Certification Team have tested domain and forest levels at 2008.  That *should* be going in to the next revision of the Compatibility Guide.
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The information, as far as I can tell, hasn't been updated in the Compatibility Guide.  I will try to find out if any additional comments are available.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
The latest information that I have is that hopefully in the next revision of the Compatibility Guide there will be a section listing the domain/forest functional levels that our Certification team have tested with.

In the meantime domain and forest can be at 2008 for EV 9.

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   
Thank you Rob,
Bur are you sure we both speak from the functional level as I already had this dicussion before and it turned out " Symantec" wasn't speaking about the functinal level but about the AD level which since at least last version can be 2008 as long as the functional level is 2003.
Anyway thank you very much for your answer.
Sandrine

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Sandrine, the information I have is that in EV 9 the Certification Team have tested domain and forest levels at 2008.  That *should* be going in to the next revision of the Compatibility Guide.

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   
Thank you very much Rob,
I made s "small" mistake our AD are 2008-R2 and not 2008.
Sandrine

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Checking on that...