cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Archive Explorer Access From Another Domain

awf
Level 4

We have a handful of users in Europe that work out of another company's office. While they have domain accounts for our company's domain, because they are physically located in the office of another company, they logon to their PCs with domain accounts from that other company.

We have an IPsec VPN configured with this other company, as well as a Two-way Transitive Forest Trust with their domain, so that they can access resources in our office here. The users are thus able to use Outlook to connect directly to our Exchange server here in the States - they enter their credentials for our domain and are in. However, the EV Archive Explorer does not work.

I'm guessing this is due to the fact that even though they are logged into Outlook with an account that has access to their Vault, the Enterprise Vault client is using the security context of the user logged onto the PC, which does not have access to the EV archive. I've tried giving the other domain account permissions to the user's Vault, but while EV does list the other domain in the permissions on their mailbox archive, when selected it does not show any users.

I'm wondering if there are any additional permissions I need to grant the users from the other domain or something else that I can do to get this working. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

awf
Level 4
I figured out how to get this working. While the list of users for the trusted domain does not populate when it's selected from the drop-down in the permissions of the user's archive, if you type the account (i.e. domain\username) into the Add Names: text box of the Add Windows Users and Groups window and then click OK, the user will be added. If the user is not valid, you will receive an error and not be allowed to add the user.

Note: This is assuming that the two domains have a two-way transitive forest trust.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Alan_M
Level 6

I don't think there is anything you can do on the permissions side. Have you tried using Archive Explorer from the webapp rather than using Outlook?

awf
Level 4

If you mean by going directly to the URL below in IE, I have. No luck with that either.

http://evserver1.domain.com/EnterpriseVault/ArchiveExplorerUI.asp

Message Edited by awf on 01-27-2009 12:39 PM
Message Edited by awf on 01-27-2009 12:41 PM

awf
Level 4
I figured out how to get this working. While the list of users for the trusted domain does not populate when it's selected from the drop-down in the permissions of the user's archive, if you type the account (i.e. domain\username) into the Add Names: text box of the Add Windows Users and Groups window and then click OK, the user will be added. If the user is not valid, you will receive an error and not be allowed to add the user.

Note: This is assuming that the two domains have a two-way transitive forest trust.