cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Archive email

chanaka_athukor
Level 4

I’m using EV 9.0 SP 1 (9.0.1.1073) version. Emails are archiving without any issues.

I have notice Most of the users are using for outlook signature with company logo.

If user receive any emails with signature + logo  if that email archive by EV when user checked that relevant email in outlook it’s showing as attachment.

If enduser open this email actually no attachment. Just company logo and some text it’s showing on the bottom.

Why after archive EV show relevant email with Attachment icon in outlook?

Any reason?

Some of the users are confuse when they search attachment email in outlook but when they open nothing. Users are think attachment is missing.

Attached some screenshot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This is normal behaviour for EV. The attachment (picture) in this case is stored in EV.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This is normal behaviour for EV. The attachment (picture) in this case is stored in EV.

Ameen
Level 6

The logo means its a picture and that is considered as attachment. That is the reason behind.

Peter_Kozak
Level 5
Partner

The official Name is "embedded Attachment" ;)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Quite some time ago we investigated this, and tried to work out a way of identifying embedded attachments versus real attachments. The issue we encountered if I remember correctly is that there is a read only property which Outlook can update and basically it overrides our choice of saying "no real attachment". Therefore there wasn't and isn't anything that we can do.
Working for cloudficient.com

chanaka_athukor
Level 4

guys thanks for the informations. it means it's default behaviour for EV.