cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Client Upgrade

canarywharf
Level 3

I’ve had a good look around the web for this info but can’t find it, so hopefully someone on here can point me in the right direction.

We are planning an EV upgrade from 7.5 to 9 which will also include updating clients from ver 6.03 to version 8.

I’m thinking of deploying client via GPO, but my query is, do we have to remove the old client first, or will this approach automatically upgrade the client?

Any gotcha's

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Ideally you should remove the old client first cleanly and then install the intended version. Alot of people complained that this is not possible via GPO, therefore people have deployed the new version on top of the the old one. Majority of users will be fine...some users will have problems due to unclean uninstall and reinstall via GPO so you need to look at those manually. I would try GPo a few users at a time. as a test first.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Ideally you should remove the old client first cleanly and then install the intended version. Alot of people complained that this is not possible via GPO, therefore people have deployed the new version on top of the the old one. Majority of users will be fine...some users will have problems due to unclean uninstall and reinstall via GPO so you need to look at those manually. I would try GPo a few users at a time. as a test first.