Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Migration wizard 12.2 to 12.2

EVIsExciting
Level 3
Partner

Hi

I am about to embark on a journey to migrate EV server from one data centre to another. My plan was to use EV Migration Wizard tool.

Source EV server is 12.2 and target EV server will be exactly same.

My question is has anybody done this using the "Enterprise Vault Server Settings Migration wizards". The source and target EV versions mentioned in the link below do not have my scenario.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100037842

Can someone please let me in on your experience?

Regards

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

The challenges in each migration is unique and many time the solution is outside of migration utility itself.

Regarding specific to your question, I tried migration from EV 12.2 to 12.2, 12.2 to 12.3 and 12.3 to 12.3 in test environment and all these possibilities worked without any issue. Although the table for source environment mentioned 11.0 SP1 OR 12..0.4 but I don’t see any reason why this will not work when source version is 12.2 OR 12.3.

Possibly TN/document require addition in source environment version column.

Regards

Pradeep Papnai

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

The challenges in each migration is unique and many time the solution is outside of migration utility itself.

Regarding specific to your question, I tried migration from EV 12.2 to 12.2, 12.2 to 12.3 and 12.3 to 12.3 in test environment and all these possibilities worked without any issue. Although the table for source environment mentioned 11.0 SP1 OR 12..0.4 but I don’t see any reason why this will not work when source version is 12.2 OR 12.3.

Possibly TN/document require addition in source environment version column.

Regards

Pradeep Papnai

Thanks Pradeep